Sam does about 20 speaking engagements a year. If your orchid society, group or judging center is looking for speaker for the monthly meeting, conference, or shows, Sam can be available for a presentation.
Here are the topics available:
1. Multifloral Paphiopedilum and Their Culture
2. The Brachypetalum and Their Culture
3. The Parvisepalum and Their Culture
4. The Sequential Blooming and Their Culture
5. The Brachypetalum and Parvisepalum and Their Culture
The first four topics will last for 50 minutes to an hour including short question/answer session. However, # 5 may take a little longer.
For the more advance topics, Sam can do:
1. Paphiopedilum sanderianum and their Hybrids.
2. Paphiopedilum rothschildianum and their Hybrids.
3. Paphiopedilum adductum/anitum and their Hybrids
He normally present these three to the judging centers or special interest groups. However he has presented these to the societies a few times before!
If you have a special topic on Paphiopedilum, Sam may be able to customize your needs.
1. All presentations will be via PowerPoint. For onsite presentations the organization will to need to provide a computer and projection system.
2. Transportation and lodging - any meeting place is further than 6 hours or 350 miles driving, Sam prefers to fly. Society will expect to pay for mileage charge at $0.50 per mile in both directions or coach round trip airfare. One night business rating hotel stay will be required unless within 3 hours driving. Sam will book his flight and hotel if all possible.
3. Speaker fee: $150
The speaker fee will be waived if preorders are at least $500. The preorder deadline is one week prior to the meeting date. All preorders will receive a 10% discount (except for divisions). Orders can be placed online at our website orchidinnusa.com. The group/society will receive a coupon code specific to their organization prior to ordering.
The speaker fee will be waived if online orders are at least $750 during a period starting two weeks before the meeting date and ending one week after. All online orders during the three week period will receive a 10% discount (except for divisions). Orders can be placed online at our website orchidinnusa.com. Ordering online is automated. The group/society will receive a coupon code specific to their organization prior to ordering. The organization will not need to coordinate a single shipping contact. Orders will be shipped directly to individual customers. If the organization wishes to avoid the base shipping charge included in each order (usually $20 - $28 depending on shipping location) the organization can arrange a single address for shipping. What this means functionally is that all of the orders will need to be entered online as one order with one shipping address.
4. Sam will bring plants/flasks to sell at your event.
5. Sam encourages the societies near by to share all his expenses by speaking to multiple societies, providing all meetings are within a reasonable time fame.
6. Sam usually has a very busy schedule, societies should book him at least six months in advance.
7. Any international speaking engagement, please contact Sam directly for details and requirements.